08 October 2020

Cheshire Cat Theology ~ The Right Questions

Greetings Dear Reader,

When you respond to my posts with questions, I am often more impacted by the tone of the ask and what you use to frame that interrogative.  There are those who ask a question which is actually a statement of their own position.  Some ask questions that contain within the words a dismissal based on their own judgment.


I am surely an asker of questions.  This too is a quality that must be used well.  It must be wielded in love and humility.  I asked the question recently in a few different instances, “Is not all truth God’s truth?”  I know that I do not possess all truth.  I do know that if something is true, it can be traced back to the Father.  A dear friend said that false truths are there. 

Is not the term false truth oxymoronic?   Is not the cancelation of the question carried within the question?  I am not chiding anyone.  Rather, I seek to ask questions that push us to think beyond our framework and prejudices.  I want my thoughts and questions to give us an honest perspective of reality. 

Often when someone complains about the weather, I will kindly ask if the individual means that God got the weather wrong.  Of course, they do not mean that.  When I hear someone maligning another human, the question inside my mind is whether God loves that human or whether that person is a neighbor, a stranger, or an enemy.  You see the question leads to the great question as to whom we are supposed to love.  I only ask the question out loud if I think the individual will hear it with the love I intend.

Most of the questions that dance through my mind are meant to point out the basic foundation of who we are to be as Christ-followers.  I realize that my question may appear arrogant or condescending.  It is my obligation to ask them only in love and humility.  I can only control my heart and expression.  I cannot control the perception or inference of others.

Further, if we are addressing those being critical or damning of other humans, the foundation is what matters the most.  Some of us proceed from the assumption that we may condemn others because of their faults and foibles.  Doing this sets our pride in the forefront as we have forgotten that we too are crooked sticks.  When we dismiss others out of hand, we may miss the truth about the Father that we are meant to learn from them.  Worse, we may miss the opportunity to love them as the Father does and learn more of the way in which he loves us all. 

It is never my place to question out of pride or arrogance.  It is always my place to question with a desire to learn and understand so that I may love more fully.  The right question asked at the right time, and with the right heart can change lives, Dear Reader.  It is our obligation to ask humbly with all the love in our hearts, the questions that lead to truth and life.  So, I ask with all my love for you, “any questions?”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“’ Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?’
‘That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,’ said the Cat.
‘I don’t much care where,’ said Alice.
‘Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,’ said the Cat." - Lewis Carrol 

No comments:

Post a Comment