30 October 2020

Three Hallowed Days ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

My younger Sisters and my friend Ashli are about to engage in their favorite weekend of the year.  As is my custom I will spend the next few days pondering what those days mean to me.  This year, I wish to focus on something that seems to have touched all of us.  This year we have all been touched by death. 


We all know someone who knows someone who has died this year.  Some of us have lost friends and family.  Whilst pumpkins, costumes, and candy fill the minds of those who see this as the day we have made it, I view these next three days as they are. 

Over this time, I will ponder that which is hallowed.  We will consider how whether there is belief or not there is truth.  I must ponder what I am to carry through these days.  How am I to follow well in these days? 

Before I dive into that I wish to pause a moment to state the obvious.  Not everyone who celebrates Halloween is evil.  They are not all engaging in devil worship.  Not everything about this day is wicked. 

Further, when we treat it that way, we miss the opportunity to show love and build bridges.  When we judge everyone by a narrow standard that rises from our own beliefs, we are also expecting those who do not believe to act like they are believers. This is always unjust. 

What I hope to do over the next three days is honor the observances that are part of our liturgical year and at the same time find new and better ways to follow Christ.  Adopting his attitude about all of this will enhance my ability to see Christ in the moment.  It will improve my perspective to see Jesus more clearly.  As always, Dear Reader, you are invited to join me on the journey.  Your thoughts and questions are always a treat and never a trick. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.”  The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment