18 October 2020

Enchanted ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that I could probably write about the things that enchant and enthrall us for weeks.  We thrive on distractions and diversions as well as the things that get our devotion and lure us away from faith and following.  Still, it comes down to some very simple thought to answer this question about what enchants us.


I wish to be free from things that deter me from following Christ well.  There are things, past times, and occupations that lure or drag me away from the journey.  I must not indulge them.  I may not use them as a means of being anything other than completely about following Christ.  If necessary, I must avoid them altogether.

This is not some form of religious legalism.  Rather, it is disciplining my mind to invest time in things that further my journey.  I am moving toward becoming increasingly nomadic.  Except for tethers to my family, my faith community, and you Dear Reader, I want very little to constrain me from being wherever I can be of the most use to Christ and his kingdom.  This means that being enchanted by other things must be set aside.  I must consider carefully where I invest my resources and what gets my attention. 

As I move on to other thoughts and questions, I note that the Father thought enough of me to test my resolve in this over the last couple of days.  It is not always easy but it is always true that the Father has and does provide a way to draw closer to him in every situation.  He does give me love and direction if I seek it.  No matter how enchanting other things may seem, they are an illusion that obscures the singular sound of Jesus calling us to follow him home.  In that clear clarion can I find the measure, means, and muse of my journey.  In faith and following Christ is all that I need if I will only embrace it in each moment.  You are always welcome to walk with me in this, Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

No matter what enchants us, Jesus can be more compelling if we see him clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment