15 September 2021

The Chosen ~ But Wait; There Is More

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers.  This is your only warning.  This BLOG series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 

As I mentioned a few days ago, there are things to consider transcending episodes.  These also hold life applications for me.  The show uses devices and story arcs to remind us of our condition and following Christ.  These are just as important. 

Today, though, I wish to address a few comments made along the way by you, Dear Reader.  A couple have written objecting to the show in toto because it fictionalizes stories about Jesus.  First, so do I.  It is not wrong to tell stories involving Jesus ministry as long as they stay with the history and character of Jesus.  Even the Apostle John tells us if all the things done by Jesus were written down, the entire world could not contain the books.  Historical fiction is a great way to capture the imagination in order to learn the truth. 

Some of you have said you do not trust “Christian” media to be quality.  I agree and I was skeptical at first.  I have found this series to render the Gospels honestly and to show the time of Christ with integrity and artistry.  It is different from anything I have seen.  It is worth your time, Dear Reader. 

I did receive a couple of comments claiming the show “goes too far.”  I am not certain what is meant by this but am willing to listen and address the comments.  Please continue to interact with me as we look at some themes vital to the truth of this show.  In doing this, I will address some larger theological issues I think are important to following Christ.   As always, your thoughts and questions move me homeward and I am grateful. 

The Judas Scroll.   This is the link to pre-order my new novel.

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

There are still things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment