22 September 2021

The Chosen ~ Empty Nets

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers.  This is your only warning.  This BLOG series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 

I often wonder which episode of The Chosen captivates a person.  There are scenes I can watch repeatedly and I do.  The episode sealing my love of the show was season one, episode three with the children.  The moment cementing my confidence in the show was the catching of the fish by Simon and Andrew.  

I consistently find hope in this moment.  As a writer, I often feel I am constantly casting my net and coming up empty.  This year I stepped out in obedience to write full-time.  Part of this is having the faith to manage my expectations.  The Father is the one responsible to provide for me.  I am supposed to do the work I am called to do.  Still, the nets seem to be coming up empty. 

I love in the episode when Eden says to Peter, “you have not been seeking the LORD lately.”  It is the only thing to do when the Father allows the nets to come up empty.  It is the only way to survive the assailants of doubt and despair.  Yesterday I was reminded I have armor for this.  I am armed against it.  There is still the need to live in the moments when the net breaks the surface and they are empty. 

As I have said so often, I must seek the presence of Christ in that moment and listen to him.  Eden also says to Simon, “perhaps now God can get your attention.”  I assure you, Dear Reader, the Father has my attention.  It is what comes next.  It is what happens when he has my attention I am seeking. 

I identify with Simon’s frustration as he throws his nets over and over through the night.  I feel his lonely solitude as he faces destruction alone.  I feel his pain.  I also refuse to give up.  I talk to the Father in faith and not frustration.  I realize where the true lesson lies. Pulling up empty nets over and over through the night prepared Simon, Andrew, James, and John for the miracle of the overflowing one in a way nothing else could. 

With the launch of my new podcast in the weeks ahead and The Judas Scroll in November, I am casing my net yet again.  It is not up to marketing or the loyalty of others determining my catch.  It is the stranger on the shore who asked me to cast one more time in faith, Dear Reader.  Others will promise and not follow through.  What they see as a task I see as a vital step in filling my nets.  

The truth is this; Jesus is the one who will fill my nets when he is ready.  For now, I will follow in faith and work in love for the Father.  I will do what I am called to do and live for the moment when faith becomes all it can become through belief and obedience.  After all, Dear Reader, I need the Lamb much more than I need fish. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I need the Lamb much more than I need fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment