12 September 2021

The Chosen ~ S02E07c “Reckoning” Teach us to Pray

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers.  This is your only warning.  This BLOG series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 


I felt the aspect of prayer addressed in this episode had to be, well, addressed.  When Jesus is arrested, the disciples argue over what to do.  They doubt.  There is anger.  They ignore what Jesus clearly instructed them to do.  They even speculate about what Jesus does when he is alone. 

The subtle line of disobedience drives much of the episode.  Everything unfolds as Jesus said it would but at the end, they are still questioning him about his choices.  The theme of saying no to God is one we see in the followers often.   Still, they get around to asking him how they should pray. 

What Jesus says about praying is eternally profound.  He explains it is how we get the heart and mind in line with the Father.  He then begins to teach them the model prayer.  I have written before about this at length.  What I saw new was how personal this oft-recited prayer is.  I have begun the request and not just the prayer into my day. 

There are things about which I am uncertain how to pray.  I know the Spirit is there to hear and represent my heart to the Father.  It is more than just this.  When I ask Jesus to help me know how to pray about something, I am trying to get my heart and mind in line with the Father.  I want to care as he cares.  I long to have the mind of Chest in all things.  

Prayer is so much more than we allow it to be in our lives.  It is a constant conversation with the one who loves me about all I can imagine.  Prayer in this episode could have been used to handle every fear the disciples faces whilst Jesus was away.  The Father used their disobedience for good.  It is what he does, Dear Reader.  Still, I always wonder what the Father would have done had I simply obeyed. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Lord, teach us to pray.”

No comments:

Post a Comment