06 September 2021

The Chosen ~ S02E04b "The Perfect Opportunity" - Atticus

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers.  This is your only warning.  This BLOG series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 

When I wrote The Praetor in 2012, I imagined a fellow like Atticus. It is clear there were Romans who were intrigued by Jesus.  There were even those who believed.  I do not know where The Chosen will take Atticus but he is worthy of consideration.  I watched his part in this episode several times just to catch the subtleties of his character.  When he shows up later in the season, it is  obvious he is not dismissing what he sees Jesus doing. 

The discussion of Gentiles being among those who celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles in the Kingdom is brilliant.  The venom in considering Romans as part of the Kingdom reminds us how much vitriol existed between the average Jew and the Romans.  This is the same struggle I  present in The Judas Scroll. 

What I must see and we must all accept is the far-reaching nature of redemption.  We cannot afford to dismiss anyone.  The grace of the Father reaches to everyone who will hear and accept it.  The image staying with me is of Atticus watching Jesse dance a jig from across the flames.  I must not only allow for the redemption of my enemies; I must yearn for it.  I must love them so deeply as to desire their inclusion in the redemption found in Jesus.  

The Kingdom is available to all who accept and follow Jesus.  When Atticus witnesses who Jesus is and later when he expresses his concerns about him, I yearn for him to find his way to faith.  I have found this path for Judas  I have seen it in the Centurions who interact with Jesus.  I must transfer the fervor to those who are considered our enemies today.  I have nothing to gain from excluding anyone from the grace of the Father.  I have everything to gain by hoping and praying for everyone to find a way to Jesus. 

When Messiah returns to end the existence of enemies, I desire to have loved them in a way reflecting his love for them.  I desire some if not all to have caught of glimpse of Christ in my love for them.  I want to be surprised by who stands and kneels with me before the King.  I long to celebrate it with you, Dear Reader. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I must pray for the flames of enmity to be extinguished for my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment