19 September 2021

The Chosen ~ A Discussion for Another Time

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers.  This is your only warning.  This BLOG series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 


One of the phrases often used by Jesus and others is “that is a discussion for another time.”  I ponder how often we are required to wait for what we wish to know as opposed to what Jesus wants us to see.  I have so many questions; all saddled on faith but still questions.  I long to know the why’s and how’s that have gotten me into trouble since I was a wee lad.  My mum often said I was the boy who would say the emperor had no clothes. 

In the show, the writers masterfully ask the important questions but just as quickly point us to what really matters.  It is not knowing what is next Jesus wants.   He wants his followers to be present in what is happening now.  He wishes for them to see what he is doing and embrace it.  What comes next will unfold as it should when it should. 

Even when he is detained by Quintus, he tells his followers to keep preparing for when he gets back.  They argue and bicker over what he means by his clear statement.  On the grander scale, he has asked us to keep preparing for his return and we are too busy speculating about what he means and when it will be.  We miss the moments by counting the hours.  We miss the questions by searching for the answers.  

It is by faith we are commanded to do as Jesus asks.  We instead search for signs and understand to make faith unnecessary.  We ask for new revelation without obeying what we have already been told.  We keep looking beyond the light we are given instead of walking in it.  

This is the problem Judas has in The Judas Scroll.   Like us all, he wishes to remake what Jesus asks into his image of what he wants.  I do the same when I put my vision ahead of the Father’s design.  Just today I heard someone say hurtful things about me to someone else.  The Spirit asks me to see it as a blessing.  I asked when I was going to finally be seen for my heart instead of other things.  The gentle loving response was “that is a discussion for another time.  For now, I need you to use your heart to love and forgive even when you are being hurt and reviled.”  

If I am going to follow Christ, this has to be enough.  I will get the answers eventually.  I do not wish to miss the chances to be loving and good whilst looking for them, Dear Reader.  Like all Christ-followers, I must count it a blessing to be what Jesus needs me to be in the moment.  In this lies the way, the truth, and the life of a follower.  

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“We have left everything to follow you.  When will we get our reward?”

No comments:

Post a Comment