14 September 2021

The Chosen ~ S02E08b "Beyond Mountains" Judas

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers.  This is your only warning.  This BLOG series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 

At the beginning of this episode, I knew one of the men must be Judas.  I was not sure which one.  What I was certain of were two different characters; one already willing to cheat others and one who cared about right and wrong.  When the younger says he wishes to do something memorable and significant with his life, I am certain he is Judas. 

Judas in the show is not revealed until the last scene.  It is well done and quite the cliffhanger.  We know where the story leads and we like this young man presented to us.  I am thrilled the show chose to show Judas as likable. 

At the moment this episode aired I had just submitted the draft of my novel The Judas Scroll to my publisher.   I was instantly excited to see how The Chosen unfolds his story as I had spent five years in research and writing in building mine.  Since both the show and my novel are historical fiction, neither of us can be wrong in telling the story as long as we keep to the truths of Scripture.  In this is the challenge. 

On the surface, it seems Judas is not as good as the other disciples.  I choose to challenge this.  I must love Judas.  I must see him as Jesus sees him.  In preparation for the novel and to be certain my heart is loving and kind, I have written a series of Second Thoughts about Walking with Judas.   Yes, that is a link to it.  

What I must take away from any interaction with the followers of Christ is they were personally chosen by Jesus to walk with him and have a part in his story.  I will not deal with my arguments about Judas here.  They are in the blog and the novel.  What I do wish is to remember not to judge Judas as if I am better than him, Dear Reader.  Even if you believe Judas is the worst human who ever lived, you are required to love your enemies.  This is reason enough to remember my own sin and the grace and mercy I need every day. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

And then there were twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment