04 September 2021

The Chosen ~ S02E03 “Matthew 4:24"

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers.  This is your only warning.  This BLOG series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 

Matthew 4:24 “News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them.” 


One of the shortest episodes of the series has the deepest impact on me.  For thirty-six minutes we watch the followers of Jesus bicker, wish, and complain about their situation.  Jesus, mostly off-camera spends the entire day healing and caring for the people in Syria who come to him.  I have watched it over and over trying to get past how shameful it is; the way we are in light of all Jesus is for us. 

This episode rips me apart.  My pride wishes for me to think I would do better.  I know I would not.  I want to.  I desire to.  I am not better than Simon, James, Or John.  The followers are discussing why Jesus is healing instead of destroying their enemies.  Thunder James says, “We will just be doing this for the next five years and we will never get to the fighting part.” 

How often I put my agenda over seeing who Jesus is and what he is doing.  If I believe he is God, and I do, then what he does is what should be done.  Full Stop.  Instead, I try to think about how it could be done better.  Simon, James, John, and Judas all do this.  It is my focus in The Judas Scroll.   

Too often I become concerned about the cares of the world and ignore the needs of the world.  I worry about what I want and miss what Christ is doing for the needs of others.  It is when I catch the moment and see what Jesus is doing that matters.  I can align myself with the moment and love him where he is. 

This episode is an exercise in my lack of understanding.  It reveals how invested I am in the world even when faced with the Kingdom of God.  Jesus does not need my help.  He wants my alignment.  He desires my love of the Father and others in faith over any other thing.  I must decrease and He must increase, Dear Reader. 

Less of Me – Glenn Campbell 

Let me be a little kinder. Let me be a little blinder.
To the faults of those about me, let me praise a little more.
Let me be, when I am weary, just a little bit more cheery.
Think a little more of others and a little less of me.
Let me be a little braver when temptation bids me waver.
Let me strive a little harder to be all that I should be.
Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker.
Let me think more of my neighbor and a little less of me.
Let me be, when I am weary, just a little bit more cheery.
Let me serve a little better those that I am striving for.
Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker
Think a little more of others and a little less of me.
Think a little more of others and a little less of me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I don’t think he is waiting for us to be holy.  I think he is here because we cannot be holy without him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment