07 September 2018

We Can Be Heroes ~ Civil War


Greetings Dear Reader,

In Captain America Civil War, the Avengers divide over philosophical differences.  Even though there are threats enough from external forces, they find a way to fight amongst themselves.  They use time and energy to work at combating each other when their focus should be on the real threat.

Christians shoot their wounded.  They argue over theology and practice regarding matters that really do not matter.  They teach love and grace whilst demanding works and engaging in hatred.  We are so engaged in rejecting and judging each other that we fail to see just how dark it becomes around us.

As was pointed out to me yesterday, I gave up a career and family for something that I no longer have.  Most do not see the pain that went before that moment, that choice.  Most do not care.  I made the wrong choice and am seeking to find forgiveness for my errors.

What is vital is that I do not fall into the same trap of judging those who have harmed me.  I cannot afford to engage in civil war within my circle.  In order to avoid it I must not fight those who stand against me or withhold one moment of love for those in my life.  I must also see that my own flaws cause division I do not notice when I am not vigilant over them.

If we rare going to follow Christ, we cannot afford another moment of infighting.  We dare waste another day divided.  I am seeking forgiveness for my failures and mercy for my sin.  The war is real but the battles are waged with weapons of love and peace.  The heroes that rise will be the ones who embrace this and risk everything for it.  I have no place to stand but I must and will find one.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment