30 September 2018

Sing You Home ~ Closing Thoughts (but really a pause)


Greetings Dear Reader,

I wish I could follow this thread all the way HOME.  I find joy in pondering how music can make the journey clearer and easier.  It is at the core of why I love music so much.  Other thoughts, however, claw for my attention and must get some of it.

Still as I pause the unwinding of this thread I think about the needs of those I am trying to sing home.  The pace of the world can make the path difficult to find at times.  Like the troop in Mirkwood we must stay on the path.  We must stick together and protect each other from the things that would draw us away from following.

We think that we set the pace but we do not.  When we think this way, we tend to fail to walk with the slow ones.  We get focused on our journey and think we re pulling ahead.  Really, we are racing the wrong way and we isolate ourselves.  We need to make the conscious effort to walk with the slow ones.  They need us and we need them.

Sometimes as we sing others along the path we get the chance to help the wounded.  We may have to pause for a bit to do so.  We might need to find the right song to lift a spirit or the right help to bind up the damage from being battered by a world where we do not belong.  We must make time to help the wounded as far too many choose to shoot them instead. 

Our songs and stories can comfort the hurting.  They can remind us that we are all part of a great adventure.  We all have a part to play and a tale to tell.  Some of us see the connection of every song to the ONE SONG, the universe.  In that we also see how they all call us irresistibly home.  Anything that keeps us from following is not worth the distraction.  We must sing each other along the way so that we do not get lost.  Neither of us has the right to withhold our song from the other.

I am a failed, flawed minstrel who is just mad enough to believe.  I am just foolish enough to think that every voice has a song to contribute.  I am not sure where the next turn in the road is.  I can barely see to take another step.  Even in this darkness, however, I know that I am following the only Light that is real. 

Singing you home is the only obligation I have other than making sure that I follow as well.  I am not a judge or priest.  I am not a prophet or a king.  Still the King loves me and claims me as his own.  He allows me a song and story to offer as one of so many that can show us the path HOME.  There is love to guide us.  It can keep us strong even in the deep dark.  It will allow us to journey ever on until we reach the clearing at the end of the path.

I love you Dear Reader.  Even if the conversation is always one-way I will remain here for you as long as the path is open to me.  I will walk with you even when you are slow, wounded, and hurting.  I will be here for you as long as you allow it.  Even when you do not wish to walk with me I will love you, pray for you, and believe in you.  When you wish to find me again just listen for my song.  Whenever you wish to go my way, toward HOME, I will go with you.  As long as I have a voice I will have a song for you to help sing you home.

Ever On – Dan Fogelberg

May the trail rise up to meet you
May your heart rejoice in song
May the skies be fair above you
As you journey ever on
Ever on--ever on
Ever on--ever on

And in this planetary circle
We are but a single stone
Spinning on our fragile axis
Through the endless night along
Ever on--ever on

May your love be there to guide us
May it always keep us strong
May we walk within your footsteps
As you lead us ever on
Ever on--ever on

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment