14 September 2018

Second Thoughts ~ Pumpkin Spice Pepto


Greetings Dear Reader,

The air has not yet begun to turn cold.  It was ninety-five degrees here today.  I had breakfast with my younger Son at Cracker Barrel.  We agreed that they are always consistent in any part of the country.

As we entered, the hostess pointed out that they were featuring a pumpkin spiced latte.  There were also pumpkin pancakes to be had.  My Son and I discussed the prevalence of pumpkin everything during the early Autumn.  I am sure we have all seen the memes regarding things such as pumpkin spice toothpaste or toilet paper. 

I have heard others complain about the pumpkin spice craze.  Whilst I do not join in the clamor for all things gingered and nutmegged, I do enjoy at least one of the hot beverages during the season.  More importantly, I celebrate those who find the time to be something they enjoy.  I revel in their relishing it.

It is a simple thing and it does herald the time of fire and frost.  It leads us toward winter and the time of Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It is the first inkling of something special in the air after summer fades.  That is a good reason to celebrate it. 

We must see ourselves reflected in the seasons and understand the changes as they come.  I can hear the excitement over a Pumpkin Spice Latte in the voices of those who love them and feel the joy that is coming as the season turns toward more serious celebrations.  In the journey we should embrace every reminder of those celebrations whether we like the beverage or not. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment