16 September 2018

Journey Me ~ Constant Conversation


Greetings Dear Reader,

It occurs to me that we do not get the idea of constant conversation with God.  I am the first to admit that I have not perfected it.  As with all things involved in following Christ this effort starts in the mind and heart.

When we journey, we desire companions.  We want the company of fellow travelers.  We forget that the one we follow wants our company as well.  I thought about this recently in light of the omnipresence and omniscience of Jesus.  I often use these two attributes to explain that there is not a moment in time where he is not already standing waiting for you to meet him there.

What I had not considered is this. Since that is true for every human everywhere, how must it feel to have some many of us ignore him in so many moments?  There is a unique pain to be being ignored.  The feeling of being treated as unworthy of consideration wounds deeply.

As I ask the Father to journey me along home, I consider all the times before when Christ has been there waiting for me to follow, to speak with him, to allow him to journey me and I have instead chosen something else.  I desire to find Christ in every moment.  I want to get to the place of constant conversation with him.  I have so far to go but I can only manage each moment as it comes.  I can only meet him where I am and hope to make the most of that encounter. 

I feel overwhelmed at the thought of succeeding to follow for the rest of my life.  It is daunting to give everything to Christ.  I can manage the next moment.  I can give that much and move on to giving the next one.  I can give up moments and count on the cumulative power of this to compound it into something significant.

Psalm 23
Jehovah is my ruler, teacher, shepherd, herdsman, and friend.  I will not lack anything or diminish.  He causes me to lie down in pastures of new grass.  He journeys me beside peaceful restful waters.  He returns my soul to himself.  He guides me in the furrow of righteousness for the sake of his own name.  Also--when I walk in a valley of death-shade, I fear no evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff comfort me.  You prepare a banquet for me while my enemies watch. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows.  Certainly, goodness and mercy will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will abide in the LORD'S house for days without end.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment