26 September 2018

Sing You Home ~ The Bard


Greetings Dear Reader,

A couple of days ago I mentioned that a large part of my personality is that of a Guardian.  The largest part is that of a Bard.  The personality inventories would say an
Artist but my niche in artistry is not a clearly defined.  It is too multifaceted to codify into something more specific.

It is in this space, as a troubadour that I find my oft irritating idealism.  It is why things like faith come easily for me.  It is the part of me that frustrates and sometimes infuriates those who do not view the world as I view it.  It is a dangerous flaw that I do not always know hard faith and hope are for others. 

In the same way, this is the thing in me that longs for the road and the journey.  It is what drives to create, write, and sing.  It is where I find the positive and beautiful things in life.  It is the well of my optimism and outlook.  It is why I try to sing you home instead of debate or teach you there.

It is in the stories and songs that we find courage and hope.  It is there we find examples to follow.  We can wrestle with the great questions and debate the universal truths on safe ground.  In the stories and songs offered by bards we can learn from the sorrow and joy of life before we have to learn from it personally. 

This part of me is also why I never really fit in with others.  It comes in conflict with the Guardian when reality and ideals collide.  It is my nature to wander.  Roving always goes with minstrels.  My gifts are meant to be transient and vagabond.  My benefit is to get people on the road and move on down it to do the same for others.  It is when I tarry too long that I become patently unrewarding. 

I must live this truth to be both guardian and bard.  I cannot help sing you home once you grow weary of me.  I cannot protect you from your own choices.  I can only be a bard for you when you allow it Dear Reader.  I can only protect you when you embrace that protection.  I realize that my flaws make that difficult to see at times but I love you no matter what you think of me. 

It is on the road then that you shall find me.  I shall journey home and you can always hear my song for you if you listen or remember.  Redemption has stories to tell and I am designed to be one of its storytellers.  For now, Dear Reader you can find me at the lighted inn by the last homely house near the narrow road, but soon I must find the final turn toward home.

The Road Goes Ever On and On – J.R.R. Tolkien – Performed by CamillasChoice

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

The Road goes ever on and on
Out from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
Let others follow it who can!
Let them a journey new begin,
But I at last with weary feet
Will turn towards the lighted inn,
My evening-rest and sleep to meet.

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate,
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment