22 September 2018

Sing You Home ~ 1000 Light-Years Away


Greetings Dear Reader,

Humans have the ability to put great distance between each other even in the same room, even in the same bed.  We are masters of deception, distance, and disregard.  We are great builders of walls, moats, and fortresses around our hearts.

We do things to drive people away and then mourn when they leave.  It is not always intentional or even realized.  Still when confronted with the flaws in us that do these things we defend and deflect so that we do not have to see the isolation we build.  We hurl our own accusations and hide behind our defenses. 

That is not the way home.  It is found in honest owning of our failures, confessing them, fighting them, and seeking forgiveness. The way home is found in forgiving each other as quickly and cleanly as possible.  There are people I love who will not speak to me.  In their eyes my failures are too great for them to consider me worth the time and effort.  I do not for a moment think that I am all wrong.  I am doing what I can to address the wrong I have done. 

The thing is that the distance is the same from both directions.  The space between us can be bridged if we allow it.  I cannot force anyone else to move toward me but I can become something worth moving toward.  I can tear down my walls, fill in my moat, and open my heart.  I assure you that this will cause damage and pain to me.  That does not mean it is not the right thing to do.

I weep when I feel that people I love are a thousand light-years away.  I long for fellow travelers with whom I share harmony, love, and companionship.  I will journey alone if necessary until those who are so distant feel safe to approach.  I will reach out to the ones who will allow it, seeking to do my part to mend the rifts. 

As I come upon some important anniversaries I realize so clearly that when we allow the distance we fail to say the things we need to say.  We fail to mend the broken paths to each other.  Then one of us is gone and we can no longer reach each other.  We cannot walk the path to the other person.  We cannot help sing them home because they arrived a head of us.  We have to carry the silence we allowed or created the remainder of the journey.

One of the great reasons we are to forgive and love each other is so that we do not carry this.  As I try to help sing you home Dear Reader, I beg you not to allow anything to keep you from making peace with everyone you can.  Along with shedding the pain you gain a better ability to travel the journey.  Just so I have said it clearly Dear Reader, I love you and long for your companionship as we travel. 

1000 Lightyears Away – Chelsea Lee Greenwood - Slime Rancher

Oh, please don’t say that you’ll go
My heart can’t bear the news
Just knowing that you’ll be
A thousand light years away if you do

And will you know when it’s through
When you, find what you’re looking for
Will you, know what to do
A thousand light years away when you do
Oh when you do

And I should have said it before you were gone
Cause I’m kicking myself for waiting oh so long
And I should have held you near
Every time I feared
That somehow you just wouldn’t feel the same

So please don’t say that you’ll go
My heart can’t bear the news
Just knowing that you’ll be
A thousand light years away if you do
Oh if you do

Well I’m just sitting here gazing up at the stars
Let’s say we pick one out
And call the whole thing ours
And even though that light we see
Ain’t the same for you and me
Well you’ll know and I’ll know
That you and I can even be
A thousand light years away and I’d still love you

Oh yes I do
I love you

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment