18 September 2018

Sing You Home ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have written more than once about the way music plays in my head constantly.  Often lines from songs or snippets of verse will pop into my brain when I am pondering a situation or processing something emotional.  There are also songs I associate with certain people. 

There is another way in which music camps out in my brain.  When others are struggling I often identify a piece of music with their current distress.  I see their need in light of the promises and hope of certain songs.  When I pray for them I often end with the song I have associated with their need.

Also, in this part of my thinking there are songs that express my heart so much better than I can.  There are songs that resonate eternally with my journey.  There are some that help me to have perspective and some that simply quiet my soul as I try to keep moving. 

I want to think through a few of these as I try to find a way to keep on the path home.  There are songs I sing for you Dear Reader.  I often do so when I am driving alone for a long while.  As I wind through the long roads of the world your needs and struggles wind through my mind and I try to sing you a little closer to home.

I hope you can keep my company whilst I share a bit of that with you.  Your thoughts and questions are always welcome.  We can start with something that has been stuck in my head for almost a month now.  It is a Christmas song but the phrases turn in my head to mean so much more.  Walk with me as I sing you home Deer Reader. 


I'm driving home for Christmas,
Oh, I can't wait to see those faces.
I'm driving home for Christmas, yeah,
Well I'm moving down that line.

And it's been so long, but I will be there;
I sing this song to pass the time away
Driving in my car
Driving home for Christmas

Its gonna take some time
But I’ll get there

Top to toe in tailbacks.
Oh, I got red lights all around,
But soon there’ll be a freeway, yeah,
Get my feet on holy ground.

So I sing for you,
Though you can’t hear me
When I get through
And feel you near me.
Driving in my car
I’m driving home for Christmas

Driving home for Christmas
With a thousand memories.
I take a look at the driver next to me;
He's just the same.
Just the same…

Top to toe in tailbacks.
Oh, I got red lights all around,
I’m driving home for Christmas, yeah,
Get my feet on holy ground.

So I sing for you,
Though you can hear me
When I get through
And feel you near me.
Driving in my car
I’m driving home for Christmas

Driving home for Christmas
With a thousand memories.
I take a look at the driver next to me;
He's just the same.
He’s driving home, driving home
Driving home for Christmas

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment