23 September 2018

Sing You Home ~ If You Are Going My Way


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I try to refine this journey I have realized that there has been a hindrance that is both weighty and powerful.  It is the product of crossing lines and failure to yield.  It is the kind of thing we get into because we are not vigilant or worse intentionally obtuse. 

For too many years I have tried to create space for others to be safe so that they can heal and grow.  In trying to create that I have stayed in one place for too long.  Instead of becoming a helpful traveler who guides others, I become dependent on the caring and put my own needs into the mix.  I fail to see that they need to travel on because I have stopped traveling.  I cannot sing you home if I am not moving.

My beloved friend Joy said something yesterday that made so much sense.  I do not need to created a space because I carry that space with me in my love for others.  I carry that sense of belonging and home best when I am moving toward it.  The entire idea of the Great Commission is to share Christ as we are going; as we are moving toward Christ.

Most of the time I feel that who I am is unrewarding for others.  This is what resonates that deep loneliness in me that I cannot seem to escape.  Then, every once in awhile I get a glimpse of what I can be for others.  I see the ability to sing others down the path so that they can keep moving toward home.  I have to be content to travel with them whilst they are content to travel with me but to let them move ahead or fall behind as they choose.

I must learn to carry the song, the story, and the dream with me whilst going my way.  I must travel alone if necessary and revel in the fellow travelers that fall in step with me as I go.  I am a fool, a vagabond, and a wanderer.  I cannot build permanence here but I can walk with you when you wish to walk with me Dear Reader.  I treasure your company and love you dearly.  When you fall in step with me I promise to be all that I can be for you.  “If you are going my way, I’ll go with you…”

I’ve Got a Name – Jim Croce

Like the pine trees lining the winding road
I got a name, I got a name
Like the singing bird and the croaking toad
I got a name, I got a name
And I carry it with me like my daddy did
But I'm living the dream that he kept hid

Moving me down the highway, rolling me down the highway
Moving ahead so life won't pass me by

Like the north wind whistlin' down the sky
I've got a song, I've got a song
Like the whippoorwill and the baby's cry
I've got a song, I've got a song
And I carry it with me and I sing it loud
If it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud

Moving me down the highway, rolling me down the highway
Moving ahead so life won't pass me by

And I'm gonna go there free
Like the fool I am and I'll always be
I've got a dream, I've got a dream
They can change their minds but they can't change me
I've got a dream, I've got a dream
Oh, I know I could share it if you'd want me to
If you're goin' my way, I'll go with you

Movin' me down the highway, rollin' me down the highway
Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by
Movin' me down the highway, rollin' me down the highway
Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment