21 September 2018

Sing You Home ~ The Death of Dreams


Greetings Dear Reader,

We have all walked this broken path.  It hurts us so much and we feel so much despair at times over it.  We imagine how things will unfold or we try to build something.  We invest years and life into a dream.  Then it burns down around us.  Sometimes it our fault and sometimes it is done to us.  We see what we hoped for destroyed beyond reclamation and we still have to keep moving.

I have realized that my dreams of some things are meant for dreaming and best left that way.  They are rooted in a person that I cannot be and thoughts that I cannot build into reality.  That is not despair.  It is me being honest about who I am.  It is my mind finally embracing my spirit and what I have longed to become since I was a boy.

The journey is not about building things here.  It is not about creating a shadow of what we wish for in the itinerant passage of this life.  When we embrace dreams that do not build toward our destination then we build things that cannot last.  It is not wrong to want what we want but it is vital that we question why we want and who is serves. 

For too long I have tried to create something out of my past pain instead of embracing who I am created to be as a follower of Christ.  Even the things I have done that are good are not as good as what I can do if I find a way to live out my true self.  As I begin to do this I see the path become less broken, leveler, and straighter. 

I cannot create home for someone else.  That is not what I am meant to do in this life.  Instead of building a temporal home I am committing to help sing you Home Dear Reader.  I am thankful that the Father kills the dreams that are not meant for me.  I cannot promise you a home but I will always have a place for you by my side when you need to journey with me.  As my vision becomes clearer, uncluttered by broken dreams, I promise that the path becomes easier.

Mountain Tops – Second Chapter of Acts

The mountain tops are not as tall
The valleys seem to be getting small
Still the river rolls deep inside me
Take the dreams that didn't grow
And visions that melted in the snow
Take away my laugh
Still I'll climb the pathway home

With my hand in your hand
My life in your life
My spirit will rise
Until I see the rainbow

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment