09 December 2017

Second Thoughts ~ Christmas Joys ~ Handel’s Messiah

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

“Take your family to a church performance of Handel’s Messiah.”

I had planned to do this.  My dear friends and fellow travelers, Jeff and Ruby performed in just such a thing last evening.  My intent was to take my family but the tickets were sold out by the time I got word of the performance.

I have been privileged to see this brilliant composition a number of times.  It is one of those things that stands the test of time.  I will spare you the history lesson but I will say that it is one of those that builds to a blast off instead of rising then falling.  I have even seen a performance with cannons.

In contrast to my pipe and a warm fire it is an energizing Christmas joy.  Whether you choose this or something like The Nutcracker or Gilbert and Sullivan’s A Christmas Carol find some music to attend that is live and lively.  

The joy is in the sitting and seeing and being a part of a great story.  Make time for it.  Make it an evening.  Dress for dinner, go to the event, and go out for desert.  Indulge and little and enjoy.  Here is an example:


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment