21 December 2017

Second Thoughts ~ Christmas Joys ~ The Word “Christmas”

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

“Never write the word Christmas as Xmas.”

I am aware that this is not removing “Christ” from Christmas.  The X is the Greek letter Chi which is the first letter in Greek for Christ.  I understand this and do not wish to cause strife.

I do, rather, wish to combat anything that diminishes the presence of Christ in the mind of anyone.  Since we not longer live in a culture steeped in Judeo-Christian lore it is vital that we keep a true understanding of who Jesus is.  Christ-Mass is the celebration of the birth of Jesus.

One can say that Christmas is no longer about that and there are serious attempts to secularize and syncretize this Holy Day with other cultural practices.  I will not disrespect your faith and practice but I will also fight the dilution of mine.  Jesus is the reason for the season. Remembering why is key to genuine joy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. I am devastated I Was almost finished a 2 page reply to this post as I went to look up the passage I wanted to quote and when I went back to my comment,the page refreshed and deleted my comment.
    So I will try to summarize it as best I can.
    I am always amazed when you say these wisdom posts aboutThe main question of M what I am doing in this moment honoring God how even just mindlessly writing X-mas instead of Christmas on a card or a present tag when you're running out of Room Or just short handing a text message, how those become thoughtless actions of convenience, mostly influenced by a fallen society. 1 Corinthians 10:31:
    Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.


    ReplyDelete