12 December 2017

The Promises of Christmas ~ Children’s Wishes

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

The deep promises of Christmas are held by children.  Just this weekend when asking my younger Grandson about his Christmas wishes his first response was that he wished me to come over.  So often the heart of Christmas is evident in the hearts of children.

It is the hope of children that feeds my energy.  It is keeping Christmas promises for them that fuels me.  We need to be constant examples of their hope.  Instead of indulging in our petty differences we can assure that there is peace for the children involved.  If we must quarrel we should leave it for another time.  The gift that is most precious to children is seeing adults exemplify kindness and patience.

I must be sure that I set an example of being loving and kind.  I must be patient when others are not.  I must be good to everyone.  I must make time for others.  The wishes of children are that adults would be the example they need, that they would be present.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. While in the parish children's sermons were expected and although they were the part of the service I enjoyed the least I benefited most when I got off my high horse and made room so I could listen to what those children had to teach me. I am currently not in a place/position where I interact with children regularly. Sadly, I am surrounded by "adults." I appreciate the wisdom your grandchildren bring to the table.

    ReplyDelete