06 December 2017

Second Thoughts ~ Christmas Joys ~ Parties

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

“Make an effort to attend every Christmas Party you’re invited to even if you can only stay a few minutes.”

My beloved friend Katie mentioned the other day that she misses my annual Christmas open house party.  I used to have a home and loved doing this for my friends and family.  My sparse rooms are no longer conducive to this.  I miss it as well. 

There is something joyful about gathering with friends and family for some wine and song.  There is something delicious about the treats and confections that are people’s holiday traditions.  There is something enchanting to me about seeing how other decorate and celebrate.

We must make time to enjoy each other and Christmas parties are an opportunity to do so with some appropriate efficiency.   Before the calendar fills up, look at the things to which you are invited and say yes to as many as you can manage.

Even if you cannot find a party to attend arrange a gathering for lunch or dinner with friends.  Touch base with those who matter to you.  Make time for people over things.  I know that when I do it makes merry making merrier.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment