18 December 2017

The Promises of Christmas ~ Hope

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

“The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight…”

I have mentioned before that I have a friend who considers “hope” a four-letter word.  She has a deep sense of the cynical and often scoffs at my optimism.  Still one of the great promises of Christmas is hope.

We are given hope that things will be better.  We are given hope that things will return to good.  We are told to have hope that our faith is coming to fruition.  It would be wrong for me to ignore that hope is very difficult for some.   It would be rude to presume that hope is shared as readily as it is available.

Hope is a choice.  It is a choice based on belief.  It is the obverse of the coin of faith.  When I feel a lack of hope then I must address the state of my faith.  I must hold fast to my faith when hope seems thin.  Holding fast is understanding that the promises of Christmas will come true.

I may not be able to comfort all those who struggle or have need.  I can hold out hope that things will be better.  It may not be the way I imagine it or want it.  It will, however, be better.  The promises of Christmas ask us to remember that when we waited in hope our hope was realized.

It will be again.  The promise of Christmas is that the great venture begun in Bethlehem will be realize.  The story is only part way through.  The hopes and fears of the ensuing years will be met as well.

Closing of the Year – Wendy and Lisa

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope
For nothing is more precious
Than the time we have, and so

We all must learn from small misfortunes
Count the blessings that are real
Let the Bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Let the Bells Ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Up on the knees of a Sergeant Major
Ride through the woods with the wind in your hair
Silver bells on a golden reindeer
As they race to the castle over there

If I cannot bring you comfort then at least I bring you hope

Now all the winter bells are ringing
Hear them echo through the snow
And the children’s' voices singing
On the streets so far below

This is a time to be together
And the truth is somewhere here
Within our love of people
At the closing of the year

We'll walk in the sun
With all of the faith
And all of the Patience
All of the way
With all of us right
And all of us saying
"No one an island"
We'll fly in the arms of time
Walk in the waves, never fall
Don't fall.....

At the closing of the year...
At the closing of the year!
If I cannot bring you comfort, then at least I bring you hope
Then at least I bring you hope.....

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment