09 August 2019

Clear Vinyl Slipcovers ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

We have seen the one-piece jumpsuit make a comeback this summer.  I would think we would have learned or lesson on that one the first time.  Then again, we seem to learn little from our mistakes.  In the area of fashion, I suppose that we are bound to repeat errors that never make sense the first time around.

This past week I visited a home to repair someone’s internet connection.  The person asked me to have a seat whilst she retrieved her laptop.  Her couch was pristine and a vibrant emerald green.  It was covered in vinyl.  It was slippery and hard to sit on.  I assumed that it was an older couch and that it looked so nice because it was hermetically sealed in clear vinyl. 

When the lady returned with the laptop, I complimented her on the colour of the couch. She said that it was brand new and how much she appreciated that I like it.  I did not relay my next thought.  You see, Dear Reader I had no idea that you could still get clear vinyl slipcovers for furniture.  I thought those had gone the way of pet rocks and space food sticks. 

It then occurred to me that this couch would be quite comfortable were it free of its protective cover.  My mind ruminated on this whilst I was repairing the internet connection on the laptop.  The parallels I drew in my mind were that of how often we encase that which has value in things that keep them from their full potential.  I wish to ponder a few of these things whilst we walk together for a bit. 

Like the slipcovers on that couch, we cover so many things in a protective layer that hinders the use and beauty of what we really have.  I will drill down to my specific thoughts on this over the next few days.  For now, I would suggest that we all avoid clear vinyl slipcovers and leisure suits. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment