19 August 2019

On the Willows ~ Living on a Tree

Greetings Dear Reader,

“We hung up our lives”

In Babylon, their lives were already forfeit.  They were slaves who lived and died at the whim of a foreign king.  Their lives were not their own.  We somehow think that our lives belong to us. 

On the one hand, we have free will.  We are given the freedom to choose how our lives unfold and what we do with each day; each moment.  Our responses to the circumstances of the day are ours to wield.  We have the freedom to choose if we follow Christ in the moment or not.  We are asked to follow but the choice is always ours.

On the other hand, whether we accept it or not, we belong to God.  The Father who created us has asked that we give our lives back to him.  His Son has asked that we die to our own will, take up the cross, and follow him.  In this, we also have a choice but our lives are eventually forfeit either way. 

We live at the pleasure, even the continual sustenance of the Father.  We do not have the power to add a moment to our lives.  The only thing over which I truly have control is my choice to follow Christ.  In following him I too must hang my life on a tree.  I too must agree with Paul in saying, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

There it is again.  The call to follow is based on the love of Christ.  The foundation of everything is love. The small word becomes the narrow way.  The journey home begins on the tree and the path is the narrow one of love for the Father and every human no matter the circumstances.

Once we reach the place where we are willing to hang our lives on the tree, the cross, Dear Reader, we do become free.  We are free to live in Christ and build each moment into one where are alive in him.  Building life out of death is what the entire path of redemption is about.  The journey home is a moment by moment trading of a life that is built on death for one that will never die.  The moments that matter are the ones where we follow the Son with all our hearts in that moment.

I must hang up my life on the tree.  It is where I will live and move and have my being.  You are always welcome to walk with me there, Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   
This BLOG:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment