28 August 2019

Three Nights I Died ~ Night Two


Greetings Dear Reader,

The second night was much more recent.  A year ago, today was the third night in a row I sat determined to take my life.  It was the third night that I was interrupted and my plans derailed.  No one knew the depth of my struggle or pain but if I was going to live, I had to die.  I chose that my lifestyle, practices, and habits needed a complete reset.

I realized that there were old sins that still lurked in my spirit.  There were people to whom I owed a conversation at the very least.  Some were owed much more.  I made a huge transition with the only thing to follow being Christ.  My dark passenger still gnawed away at me wishing for me to do something to feed its hunger.  It tried to employ guilt and hopelessness to derail me. 

There are those who do not understand the drastic nature of my transition.  They too do not understand what I was battling.  In trying to explain it to them they have withdrawn further from me.  The changes, however, have given me a peace that I have never known. 

The dark pocket is much smaller.  Healing is occurring.  I have come to understand that if the Father meets my needs, then some relationships that I want to be restored do not need restoration yet.  If they were needed then they would be there.  I continue to desire them but in peace and without need to force anything.

I can tell that I have far to go but that brings us to the third night.  Confronting the darkness became the path out of it.  The third death is key Dear Reader.  I am sure that in some ways this sounds too cryptic or mystical.  It does to me too.  It is the way it is and I must walk the path in front of me if I have any hope of following well.  You are welcome to share your thoughts or ask questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            



No comments:

Post a Comment