22 August 2019

On the Willows ~ Entertain Us


Greetings Dear Reader,

“Saying ‘Sing us one of the Songs of Zion’”

It never seems enough for others to hold us captive or require mirth from us when we are in their power.  Again, I picture those held captive, weeping under the willows of Babylon by the river.  They hung up their lyres because that joyful music was too painful to sing.  Still, it was required of them.

How often do we insist that others entertain us when they are in sorrow?  We are not so low as to demand that the suffering sing.  We do, however, require that those who are depressed act normal.  We insist that those with anxiety be OK in situations where they clearly are not.  We ask them to align with our social mores so that we are more comfortable.

We are not required to be mirthful or happy all the time.  The truth is that when following Christ, we should be able to be truthful about where we are emotionally and spiritually at all times.  Our darkest struggles should be allowed to be brought into the light with confidence that we will receive love and support in combating them. 

After a year of razing the pretenses from my life, I am confronting the darkest parts of my heart Dear Reader.  I have shared this a very small circle of people who I love enough to risk this level of honesty.  One of them has rejected me and added injury to that rejection.  Two have expressed their love for me in it. 

We say we wish for people to be real with us until that reality goes against our grain too roughly.  We insist that people keep it together if they are going to be part of our social gatherings.  We even require, though unspoken, at our worship services.  We sing the worship songs because we are supposed to but our deep darkness best not disrupt the schedule. 

Following Christ must include being able to be real about everything.  Even in this, the law of love must override our comfort and our schedule.  I must allow you to be what you need to be Dear Reader.  I must love you no matter what you do and stand beside you to fight the darkness.  I must not require you to sing if you need to weep.  I can, however, sing for you and if you would like, I will.  I have just the tune even though I am no closer to unraveling my earworm.  Tell me your heart as we make our way a bit closer to home. 


I Will Bring You Home – Michael Card

Though you are homeless
Though you're alone I will be your home
Whatever's the matter, whatever's been done
I will be your home

I will be your home
I will be your home
In this fearful fallen place
I will be your home

When time reaches fullness
When I move my hand I will bring you home
Home to your own place in a beautiful land
I will bring you home

I will bring you home
I will bring you home
From this fearful fallen place
I will bring you home
I will bring you home

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment