24 August 2019

On the Willows ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

“On the Willows there we hung up our lives.”

In my postings on gratitude last November, I wrote about Three Nights on the Edge , where I discuss three nights in August where I considered ending my life.  It has been a year since that time.  In a way, my life did end there in the quiet dark.  I left behind the life I tried to build that was my version of creating a place where I felt safe and still.

The Father had other plans.  When mine fell apart, instead of seeing that he had his hand on me, I sank into deep despair.  This too did not surprise him.  He wanted my life but not in the way that I saw it.  After almost a year of reset and rebuilding, I am being real about the darkest parts of my inner man.  I am trying to hang up my life on the tree.  I sat beside a river and wept for what I had lost but it has been the songs of Zion that have helped me along the way.

We can sing the Lord’s song anywhere if we choose to do so.  We are told to be constantly running hymns, Psalms, and spiritual songs through our mind.  We are meant to make melody in our hearts to the Lord. In this time of reset, I have had to confront the dark passenger I have carried with me since I was a young boy.  He too must be hung on the tree, the cross.

I still have so very far to go but the earworms of these songs help.  I think I begin to get a glimpse of their true power.  I pay attention to the words.  I let them interact with my other thoughts.  I am not guided by the music but where it wants to take me leads me closer in following Christ.  This time by the willows is not over but I am done writing about it for now Dear Reader. 

There are other things that demand my attention in the morning meditation of this BLOG.  I am grateful for your company under the willow and as we journey onward.  Please remember that your thoughts and questions are always welcome here.

Perhaps another song from Godspell will lighten our hearts as we continue the journey home:

All Good Gifts – Steven Schwartz – Godspell

We plow the fields and scatter the good seed on the land.
But it is fed and watered by God's almighty hand.
He sends us snow in winter, the warmth to swell the grain...
The breezes and the sunshine, and soft refreshing rain...

All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heaven above
So thank the Lord, oh thank the Lord for all his love...

We thank thee then, O Father, for all things bright and good,
The seedtime and the harvest, our life our health our food,
No gifts have we to offer for all thy love imparts
But that which thou desirest, our humble thankful hearts!

All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heaven above.
So thank the Lord, oh thank the Lord for all his love.
I really wanna thank you, Lord!

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment