25 August 2019

Three Nights I Died ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

During last November I wrote about Three Nights on the Edge ,  I had reached the place where things had become so unsustainable that I was ready to give up.  I was refusing to hang on to hope.  I was seeing only the circumstances of my pain and loss.  For three nights I planned and was ready to execute taking my own life.  That was a year ago this week.

My, how a year changes things.  I have spent the year in rest and reset.  I have two new books completed and published.  My new publisher is supportive and responsive.  I have income to sustain me until you folks buy enough of my books.  I know where I am headed and the cadence is less stressful than it has been in years.

On a spiritual level, I have spent time letting the Father teach me about the things that really matter.  Control is no longer necessary as the dark fears that drove it no longer have sway over my mind and spirit.  I have begun to speak of those dark fears with a limited circle of people.  All but one have heard me and reassured me of my place in their hearts.

Still, I have realized that some things do need to die and, indeed, began to die during those three nights on the edge.  I am going to spend some time on the inventory of things that must die for me to truly live.  I would welcome your company, thoughts, and questions as we walk a path that is dark but has a Light to guide us through. 

If I am going to follow Christ well, I must be as transparent about things as possible.  I have seen a place where that is just not true and you are worthy of my openness and learning from my failures.  Come along with me for a bit Dear Reader so that I may share what I have learned and we both become richer.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment