27 August 2019

Three Nights I Died ~ Night One


Greetings Dear Reader,

This seems so far back to me that it almost seems like another life.  Then again, death is the gateway to the next life.  It was April and spring was bright and green.  The flowers were filling the world with beauty and pollen.  The year was 1974.

The pain and difficulty of my life had reached the place where I was terrified of who I was and so angry at the world that I was losing perspective on everything.  There are reasons.  If I shared them you would understand Dear Reader.  I had decided to end my life in a way that to me seemed peaceful and assured.

It was the Saturday before Easter and my plan was to end things early in the morning.  A man intervened without knowing my plan.  He spent time with me Saturday evening and walked me gently to the door where I let Christ in and began this journey.  Even though he derailed my plans; I died that night. I was forever changed. 

Beginning to follow Christ does not fix everything.  It does change the perspective on all our difficulties.  It does give us a way out that will eventually heal us.  It will not take away ongoing pain and abuse.  It will not kill our predilections and addictions.  It will not take care of all our problems instantly. 

What the transition does do is give us someone to follow and a foundation on which to build.  Fifty years on I can honestly say that any successes thus far rest on the foundation of following Christ.  Every failure is when I failed to follow.  The beauty of it is that when we fail to follow, we can get back on the path instantly.  It is always an available choice.

Pain, fear, and my choices derailed me at times.  The second death put me closer to the right form of following and perhaps was the one that set me up for the third.  For now, Dear Reader what matters is choosing to journey with Christ.  It can only be done in faith.  It is a decision that demands everything from us but is always worth it. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment