29 August 2019

Three Nights I Died ~ Night Three


Greetings Dear Reader,

Last Memorial Day weekend I had an event that forced me to face that part of me that I had avoided, closeted, and denied since I was nine.  All those years I made poor choices to keep his voice at bay.  Most of my poor choices in life are because I allowed his potential to be stronger than my faith in Christ.

I make no excuses here.  The choices were mine.  There is room for understanding, however, that I was fighting a war that no one knew.   I sought out counselors.  Some helped me be stronger.  One told me that my situation was hopeless and that I would eventually give in to the darkness. 

When I arrived home from an unexpected journey to the beach this past Memorial Day weekend, I noticed an odd difference.  That voice that had vied for my heart and attitude for so long was silent.  I still knew that I had an inclination to things that were selfish and unloving at times.  That deeper darker passenger, however, seemed to have stayed at the beach.  The waters of the ocean seem to have washed him away.

Three months on, he is still silent.  He is not in residence constantly asking me to follow his lead and not Christ’s.  This is far too mystical for my focus in following Christ.  My faith is practical.  My desire is to use faith and not seek signs is hardened in me.  That night as I drifted off to sleep, I began to understand death to self at a level previously unexplored.

I have told a few people I trust about this part of my journey.  Mostly for the sake of accountability I have discussed the darker details with people who I think would understand or who I think deserve to know the whole truth.  The evidence to me that I have changed is that no matter their response or reaction, my heart has been to love them.  Fear of what may be the reaction is there but has no power. 

Your company on this part of the journey helps more than you know Dear Reader.  I want to be a better man for you whether you ever see it or not.  Someday I may write about the details of that facet of my journey.  For today, we will continue to focus on life after death to self.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon           
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            

No comments:

Post a Comment