02 January 2021

Branded on My Heart ~ Absent Travelers

Greetings Dear Reader,

My first understanding of death was the passing of my Grandfather.  I do not think there has been a day since that I have not thought of him at least once.  I tell people often that I cannot wait for them to meet him.  His love and kindness are branded on my heart in ways I cannot describe. 

There are others who have passed into that Undiscovered Country ahead of me.  My sister, Sarah, and my Daughter, Rachel.  Again, they are so often on my mind and I long to know them.  Sarah passed when I was in my newly found faith and it stood me in good stead with her loss.  Rachel’s death damaged me in ways that I have never articulated and my children do not fathom. 

Death is eventual for us all.  My first book, Chronicles of Thanatos the Reaper was my attempt to wrestle with death and understand it as a necessity of life.  We all owe a death and each life that ends makes the world a little less.  These names and a few others are so deeply branded on my heart that the pain is never quite gone.  There is also, however, hope.  There is that expectation that “they cannot come to me but I shall go to them.”

We need not ever cease to sorrow over these absent friends.  Rather, we may sorrow when we need to but must do so with hope.  All things will be returned to good one day.  The pain and tears will be gone.  For now, I accept in faith that the Father knows what he is doing and will work all things out. 

If you have these branded parts of loss on your heart, Dear Reader, I care about your hurt and offer you hope.  Christ is there for every moment of it.  Those who no longer journey with us physically cheer us on the journey as we too make our way to that clearing at the end of the path.  They long for us to join them in that Undiscovered Country.  They will be there to welcome us Home.  We can encourage each other with stories of absent travelers whose brands we carry.  There may be tears in the tale but there is joy in the telling of it.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Tho
n
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Rachel are there flowers up in heaven?  Do you ever play freeze tag with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment