03 January 2021

Branded on My Heart ~ Not Here; Not Forgotten

Greetings Dear Reader,

In this past year, it was particularly difficult to be with those that mean much to us.  In other years and in years to come there are always those who are far away but on in our hearts and on our minds.  There are always those we cannot be with when we wish to for one reason or another.


Social media makes it easier to greet those who are far away.  We can connect in some way.  Video calls have allowed many to be together who otherwise would not.  Still, there are those whom I would see,  have a meal with, and share our stories of the year.  I dream of being able to gather all my friends together; all of my family in some grand way so that we can share love and laughter.  We can listen to each other as we recount the journey.

I have reconnected with friends because they were on a quest to rekindle old friendships.  There are also those who do not wish connection with family or friends.  They have chosen that people are toxic or not worthy of their friendship.  We somehow get the idea that other people’s faults and failures are worse than our own.  We choose that our lives are superior to theirs and we reject them.  We refuse to have contact thus making impossible true forgiveness, healing, and restoration.  We are obligated to show love to everyone.

If someone rejects me, I must not force the issue.  I must not, however, reject anyone.  I must keep the doors open and my burden for the well being of others.  “I wish you no ill but want nothing to do with you” is as contrary to the command to love as is “I hate you.”    We do not wish to see it this way but it is true. 

Once we have built on our foundation of doing all out of love for the Father the idea of being lovingly unoffendable we can build the next vital piece of who we are to become.  I must keep all who come into my path branded on my heart.  It is what Christ does for each of us.  It is how we follow him.  This is not some kind of martyring oneself.  It is living out the love we are supposed to have for the Father.  Some choose instead to reject God rather than love and forgive.

The path of refusing those who are branded on our hearts damagers us.  It may damage them as well.  In the Father’s eyes, no one is less worthy of love.  It is we that focus energy on holding onto our resentment and lack of forgiveness.  We tell ourselves we have forgiven but our refusal to show love is evidence that we have not.  I must build onto my love for all people the act of reaching out, of connecting.  I must make my love active.  I must say kind things and express love toward all that are in my heart no matter what they have done.  This is at the very heart of what the Father does for us.  It is why the Son asks us to follow him.  It is how the Spirit express joy, peace, patience, compassion, goodness, and justice through us.  It is the narrow path that few are willing to follow but it leads us home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Hope everyone’s connected to that long-distance call.” – Ian Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment