25 January 2021

Responding to Anger ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Everyone feels angry at times.   The anger is not wrong.  It is a feeling like everything else.  Our feelings come from our thoughts.  This means that when we have a short fuse or hot temper, we have trained our minds to get angry easily.


As I have wandered through these thoughts and questions, it is abundantly clear that the mind controls what we do with anger.  When someone trespasses against me, I must process if my anger is justified.  I cannot become offended if I refuse to take up the offense.  I may still feel angry that someone has intentionally harmed me.  I must never allow the anger to be in charge.  My choices must not be made based on anger.

When Jesus tells me that I must request forgiveness for my own trespasses in accordance with and to the degree to which I forgive others trespasses against me.  This renders out to say that I must be walking in a constant state for seeking and giving forgiveness.  This leaves no room for me to carry anger.  There is no space for moldering anger if I am filling my heart with forgiveness based on love. 

The world will always be in the crucible of hurt until the Father gets all things back to good.  There will be no time when anger does not wish to rule our hearts and minds.  It can be subtle.  It can grow deep roots in us.  Our anger wishes to assert itself unaware.  When we find that we sound or feel angry, it is almost always because we are. 

I have found that if I focus on love and grace that taking up offenses does not happen as often.  Anger has no place to put down roots in the firm ground of doing all that I can to love the Father.  Proceeding from that, forgiveness for others becomes an instant response.  In a society where being offended is the rule of the day, being peaceful and lovingly unoffendable stands out. 

In the journey home, anger is too heavy to carry over to the next day, Dear Reader.   We can walk in peace if we leave behind the anger.  We can reconcile, reconnect, and reach a deeper understanding if we do.  I will always endeavor to be at peace with others.  I must always make anger take a moment before it speaks.  In that moment I must remind it not to do anything wrong when it does.  I must always respond to anger and never react.  That is the path of peace and the way of understanding.  That is where we find our joy in the journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From
My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page: 
www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings:
aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive: 
http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Responding versus reacting reveals much about how we feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment