13 January 2021

Breakfast at Tiffany's ~ Uniqueness and Differences

Greetings Dear Reader,

A few months ago, a friend was pondering her worth relative to the rest of the universe.  Her pondering was on the losing side as she quipped, “Sure, I am unique, just like everybody else.”  The problem with that truth is the application of it.  The perspective is wrong.

As I explained to my friend, we think of the Father in the wrong way.  At the core of it, when we view the world as an accident then we are a collection of parasites feeding off of our host and there is little value in us for the host.  When we view the cosmos as created by an Intelligent Designer, however, we can see that God is an artist.  We can see that he designs and creates billions of masterworks.  Further, he creates in those works portraits of himself.

We are all unique but not just like everyone else.  There may be others who look like me, have my personality, or even can be mistaken for me in a believable way.  The deep truth is that no one is just like me.  Each of us possesses something unique.  Each of us is irreplaceable on the universal level. 

Instead of looking at our uniqueness and reveling in it, we focus on our differences and use them as a divisive force.  We choose to divide and fight over things that are either out of our control or resolvable if we just talk to each other.  We go to war over differences that could be solved over lunch if we were willing. 

That too is part of what makes us unique.  We all have our own will and it is subject to our choices.  It is governed by our desires and wants.  We can choose to be at peace no matter the situation.  Instead, we chose to be right, justified, and in control.  We will kill over resources or let others starve because of where they come from.

If I am to walk a path of peace, I must see every human as a unique masterpiece created by the Father.  That is a good plank in the foundation of loving every human soul.  It is at the heart of seeing that everyone is worthy of my love and kindness.  I must also accept that I have value. The Father loves us all uniquely and individually.

If we would all live in the implications of this truth, we could find more peace.  We could care for each other better.  It may be that we could get over our self-centeredness and begin to be better neighbors and friends.  We could stop having enemies and meet the needs of those who lack.  Our uniqueness is common ground. 

If I am to follow Christ well, then I must see our differences as opportunities to discover the uniqueness in others.  I must use that to find out what others need.  I must harness this knowledge to create opportunities to love.  That opportunity is one thing we always have, Dear Reader.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I am unique, just like everybody else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment