23 January 2021

Responding to Anger ~ But I am Angry at God

Greetings Dear Reader,

There has never been a time when I did not believe in God.  Before my choice to follow Christ, however, I was deeply angry at God.  Most of my rage and pain was focused on blaming God.  He had taken the things I thought I needed.  He had allowed the things that hurt me so deeply.


During those days that led up to me having faith, I pondered dismissing the idea of God altogether.  I reasoned out that if I stopped believing, there would be no place to point the blame for my pain and wrath.  Even after I accepted the challenge to follow Christ, I had many anger issues to work through.  That has taken much longer than I thought it would.

Still, we get angry at God.  We blame Him for our circumstances, the world’s evil, and his apparent silence.  We think that we are right, God is wrong, or that he is the cause of our problems.  I will not be able to solve the problem of evil for you here, Dear Reader.  I can say that he did not create evil but he did know that the outcome of free will would be that people would do evil.  He knew that we would choose to reject him.

Even in the full knowledge of the wrong, we would bring; the Father chose to let us exist.  He chose to love us and provide a path to reconciliation.  All of his efforts, his counter moves against evil in the world have been to ask that we choose him over our wants, desires, and our anger.  When I am angry at the Father, I am a child rejecting the rule of one who loves me more than I can understand.

So, how must I deal with the moments when I feel angry at the Father?  I must begin with the understanding that when I disagree with God, I am always wrong.  My thoughts are not equal to his and I must follow the Son in saying, “not my will but yours.”  It has to be that when I disagree, I seek the Spirit to show me the way.  I have to embrace the humility that it takes to yield to the Father’s plan to get all things back to good. 

When I feel anger at the Father, I can short circuit the process mentioned a few days ago.  I can go straight to renewing my own thinking so that it aligns with his.  I can work to love him with all that I am.  The path to peace is only available through the Father and any division with him blocks that path for me.  This is why at the core of loving the Father is obedience.   It is obedience to love for him and all he has made.  It is rejecting any hatred.  It is living in harmony with others through grace, mercy, and kindness.  This is where we fight the unreasonable anger, Dear Reader.  This is where we find our joy in the journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

When I am angry at God, guess who is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment