08 January 2021

The Quest for Peace ~ Warp Speed Judgement

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I have watched the ever-increasing battle over who is right and wrong in our political and social climates, I have seen how quickly we turn everything into a meme that touts the rightness of this or that side.  I wish to write this as loudly as possible.  We are all crooked sticks. 


None of us is without failures, offenses, and sin.  Still, we choose that the sins of others are worse than ours. Even shoddier, we excuse the wrongs on our side of the line, aisle, or wall because they are somehow justifiable because it is “our” side.  We seem to constantly live in the hypocrisy that the end justifies the means.  There can never be peace where there are lies.  No matter your reason for the lies, this is just true.

It is part of that hypocrisy that we meme out our judgments so quickly and cleverly.  Jesus warns us about the danger and wrongness of judging others.  If I try to point out someone else’s wrong without mitigating my own, I am the one who has a problem.  I cannot kill peace by judging others.  It is not the way of love.  It is not how we see clearly to help those who need it.  It is not the path to peace. 

Even when one is right about an issue, judging the others with whom one disagrees is not our place.  This is the path to darkness.  It is the way in which even good people sow seeds of hate.  When others are actually wrong, I must deal with this in love and humility.  I must seek peace.  I am obligated to recall my own failures and remember that I am not better than anyone. 

Further, and I address those who share my faith, I must not ask those who do not believe to act like believers.  They have neither the grace nor the capacity.  This is not a condemnation of them but a recognition that any good that I do only has value because of the grace and love of Jesus.  Anything that seems to be to my credit is because Christ has credited me with being used by his power.  The Spirit has allowed me to make a difference.

We cannot find peace whilst there is judgment in our hearts.  We cannot condemn in pride and think we are meeting out grace and mercy.  It is only in humility that I can set aside the idea that you must think like me to be worthy of my love and compassion.  Thinking that you must think like me to be loved by me is a prison most secure.  It is a bondage whose chains we often cannot see. 

If we are to follow Christ, Dear Reader, the quest must be for peace.  In that quest, we cannot decide that others are unworthy because in that moment we become the ones worthy of judgment.  Look around you and acknowledge that we are all crooked sticks.  Then, stop comparing the crooks and seek the peace that comes through being lovingly unoffendable.  Speak the peace that passes understanding by being good and kind to everyone.  This is a clue in our quest that we must not ignore.

Which Way are You Going? – Jim Croce
 
Which way are you going, which side will you be on?
Will you stand and watch while all the seeds of hate are sown?
Will you stand with those who say, let his will be done?
One hand on the bible One hand on the gun
One hand on the bible One hand on the gun

Which way are you looking, is it hard to see?
Do you say what’s wrong for him, is not wrong for me?
You walk the streets of righteousness but you refuse to understand
You say you love the baby
Then you crucify the man
You say you love the baby
Then you crucify the man

Every day, things are changing, words once honored turned to lies
People wondering, can you blame them Its too far to run, and too late to hide 

Now you turn your back on, all the things that you used to preach
Now it’s let him live in freedom if he lives like me
Well, your light has changed, confusion rains, what have you become
All your olive branches turned to spears
When your flowers turned to guns
Your olive branches turned to spears
When your flowers turned to guns

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       

Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

In the quest for peace, there are clues we cannot ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment