19 January 2021

Responding to Anger ~ Soft Answers

Greetings Dear Reader,

Twice recently I have sat in silence whilst someone poured out anger at me.  Once it was directed at me and the other time it was simply the overflow of anger that she carries but does not acknowledge.  It is how we respond to anger that matters. 


The principles of love and kindness are vital here.  I must always be in an attitude of gentle love that is ready to activate in the face of anger.  When the words are harsh that come at me, I must respond with soft, gentle, and thoughtful words   Those words must relay love for the person swearing at me; trying to hurt me.  My words must reinforce my care and compassion for the pain I see in the one inflicting harm on me. 

If I have caused the pain, I must kindly and humbly own my wrongs.  If the pain is because of other things or if they are holding on to old anger, I may not be guilty but my response must still be humble and loving.  It is very difficult to fight with someone who will not fight with you.  Also, anger is tiring and one cannot sustain their barrage for long. 

I must become someone who always responds to anger with humble love.  Even when the anger is directed at me, I cannot abandon the hard deck of our journey.  We do not always understand the anger in others but we can be understanding by giving soft responses.  Anger can be turned away by being gentle.  It does not always mean that it is the other person’s anger.  We can remain at peace by remaining gentle.

When we sound angry, then we likely are.  We must be soft within ourselves if we are going to communicate with gentle humility.  That softness founded on love is more powerful than we understand.  It is how we conquer enemies and restore friendships.   

If we are to navigate an angry world with love, we must respond softly to anger.  I must be gentle and kind, Dear Reader.  In that is found the power and strength to journey through the hatred and rejection.  Even our deepest wounds can heal if we allow ourselves to deal with anger by seeking peace.  It is not logical but it is true.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

A soft and gentle and thoughtful answer turns away wrath,
But harsh and painful and careless words stir up anger. (Prov. 15:1 AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment