29 January 2021

Mountains to Move ~ Islands are Mountains

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the trends in our current distress is to take forced isolation and move it to a lifestyle.  People post about how they want to be left alone.  They make isolation their banner and treat distance as a friend.

Acknowledging that some folks genuinely have difficulty with being social, often there are those who use isolation as a tool to foster their own selfishness.  Unless there is a real psychological or medical reason for it, being an island is something that flies in the face of the command to love our neighbors.  It is in this kind of isolation, island thinking that we find harms us.  These islands are mountains to be moved. 


Please understand that there are times when we need to be alone to recharge and refresh.  It is when we make isolated island living our banner that we have a problem.  I have friends that constantly post about not needing anyone else.  They talk about their love of self and even their dislike of other people.  It is impossible to carry this attitude and love our neighbors, strangers in need, and our enemies.

There are times when all I care to do is sit and write.  There must be a balance, however, between this island and the vast landscape of caring for and loving others.  If I retreat to my island too often, I miss opportunities for love, kindness, and generosity.  There is a time to be alone and there is a time to be available.  I can do good by venturing out to see others and encourage them in their journey. 

I may reach others with this writing and at times the Father allows me the encouragement of seeing that I do.  That is good and I must keep doing it.  More importantly, I must not become an island or even think I am.  The journey is not a lone one in that way.  It is meant to be shared and enjoyed.  I am meant to love others and help them see that the Father loves them.  When I create a sea around my world, I am acting selfishly and denying what is unique about me to others.

My own fears and desires must not put me in this isolation, Dear Reader.  I must give solitude its time but then I must move out into the path and remember that I have an island to return to if needed.  In the meantime, I must do all that I can to encourage the journey of those around me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I used to hate being alone but now I must be wary of trying to be an island unto myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment