10 January 2021

The Quest for Peace ~ Philosophies and Theologies

Greetings Dear Reader,

Every opinion I have falls into the category of a philosophy or a theology.  Some opinions fall into both.  What I think is up to me and I may think whatever I chose even if I am absolutely wrong.  The difficulty is that my mind likes to gravitate to the places where I disagree or pridefully glory in the things I “KNOW”.

At the heart of my philosophies and theologies (P&T) is the idea that I must sort out what I am doing to follow Christ and what is my vanity and pride in using my mind.  If I am engaging in P&T conversation, it must be for the purpose of making peace.  Instead of pondering and pursuing things that make me look smart or prove my side, I must look for places where there is common thought; common ground.

The path to peace is finding our common ground with others.  Hearing where someone stands and agreeing where I can allows me to show that I hear and care.  It gets me to the place where I can focus on the person and not our differences.  I have to set aside my pride and my personal P&T.  I need not demand that someone agree about everything to show that I agree with them on an issue. 

The division in our society is because we insist, even demand that everyone agree with us about everything.  The other problem with this is that the assumption is that if you agree with me on an issue, you agree with me on every controversial issue.  I can agree that everyone is deserving of good healthcare without agreeing that the government should provide it.  I will not argue that philosophy here.  The difficulty is that the perception is that if I agree with the idea of healthcare for everyone leads one to think that I think that the government must provide it.

If I am to continue that quest for peace, I must find ways to stand with those who think I am at war with them.  I must pursue being good, kind, and understanding.  I must not compromise my faith but I must love those who disagree with me by standing with them when they are right.  I must allow loving disagreement on P&T that does not violate the Gospel of grace and mercy.

It is easy to find the places where we disagree, Dear Reader.  The real exercise of good theology is to walk with others where we can, looking for chances to meet them where they are.  We must look for ways to show the love of Christ by allowing the common ground to be a safe meeting place.  This is vital to our quest for peace.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram  
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Top of Form

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. (Shakespeare, Hamlet)

No comments:

Post a Comment