06 January 2021

The Quest for Peace ~ Opening Thoughts (Epiphany)

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today we celebrate Epiphany.  It is the Twelfth day of Christmas.  It is the day we celebrate the visitation of the Magi: The Gift Bearers.  It is also the beginning of my quest for peace.  Let us consider the Magi first.

It is likely that they visited some time after the birth of Jesus.  I have been so fascinated by them that I wrote an entire novel about it.  I have studied the history of these men who watched and waited for the signs that said the King of the Jews has arrived.  They took up an incredible quest to search for the Prince of Peace.

We know that the men who were the Magi were peaceful men very capable of war.  From the same line rise the Wise Men of the East and the Magicians who twisted the truth to suit their own purposes.  They were both priests of the One God and Assassins.  I will leave the rest of that for the book.

What I intend to do is join them in their quest for peace.  I did not intend this as my journey this year but it unfolds naturally from my previous work on my soul and my study of the Word of God.  I am required to live peaceably with all humans.  I am promised peace which passes understanding if I follow Christ in love and withstand common offenses.

As you know, Dear Reader, I do not ever put away Christmas.  I will this year ride with the Magi as they seek the Prince of Peace; the King of the Jews.  I will take this up out of love for my Father.  There is, however, a very dark crimson thread running through the tale of the Magi and our current world.


We are not at peace with the most vulnerable people in our lives.  Herod responded to the Magi by killing the children of Bethlehem.  Today we plunder the wombs of women to rip out life in a war on the unborn.  I will not debate the wrongness of this.  If we are honest, we know that killing children is horrific.  We are not at peace with the unborn.

We are not at peace with the children of our world.  We cannot have peace until we restore our dedication toa making the world better for our children and those to come.  Whether it is human trafficking, war, injustice, or failed families, we have to recognize the damage that we do to children.  Whether it is environmental, social, or political, we must consider that we owe peace and safety to all children and not just our own.  The quest for peace is simple when we lay aside anger, greed, and selfishness to seek peace for the children of our world.  If we can agree to anything it is that every child deserves love and we can show that love through peace, Dear Reader.  Please  join me in the quest for peace as we follow the One “who holds our a cross and a crown.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Just because it is our right or it is legal does not make it good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment