11 January 2021

The Quest for Peace ~ Closing Thoughts (but not really)

Greetings Dear Reader,

The “but not really” is there because the quest for peace will take all the time I have left in life.  It is part of the Father working to get things back to good.  It is part of the journey home. 

There are other topics I will wrestle with, learn from, and enjoy.  I have ticklers for a few in a file I call BLOG Seeds.   That is a running list of things about which I have thoughts and questions.  I never plan my BLOG ahead of time but I do list the things about which I need to think as I travel.  When one of them and my journey coincide, I write about it.  I invite you along for my own accountability and in hopes that you can avoid trouble or gain some ground.


As I make the quest for peace my backdrop this year, I plan to also interact with love and offenses in that mindset.  The peace I seek is the one Paul talks about in writing to the Philippians:

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:4-7 NIV)

Part of what led to this subtext for the year was completing my devotional in the Thoughts and Questions series on the book of Philippians.  It should be out in April.  Devotionals on Galatians and Ephesians are already available.  I realize that this sounds like an add but I have a purpose in bringing it up.  Writing these has led me to a much deeper understanding of loving the Father, not being offendable, and now pursuing peace.  I believe that working your way through them may help you as well, Dear Reader.

There will always be trouble in the world.  In the midst of that trouble, we can have peace.  We do not need to worry.  We can live lives of gratitude and gentleness.  Asking for our needs from the Father can be done with the peace that Christ is always near.  He is always present.  Our feelings and thoughts can rest in these truths.

If I apply all of this, I will find as much peace as is possible this side of the journey home.  I will be able to love the Father with all that I am by loving others.  The offenses the world offers me will not be able to reach me because I am armored in peace from the Father.  I will possess Christ as my fellow traveler and need that as my only possession, my sole fealty, and my prime directive. 

You are always welcome with me, Dear Reader, whether you think like me or not. The journey does not require us to have the same thoughts and questions.  It does demand that we are at peace with each other as we work through them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium  Instagram  
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

The journey does not require us to have the same thoughts and questions.  It does demand that we are at peace with each other as we work through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment