16 January 2021

Breakfast at Tiffany's ~ Peacemakers

Greetings Dear Reader,

If we ponder the song, we see that this is an attempt to make peace.   The singer is trying to find common ground.  It is his desire to reach peace with someone he loves.  It the basic premise that we must seek peace with everyone.


Jesus tells us that peacemakers are blessed and that they will be called the children of God.  What then does it take to be a peacemaker?  I think about the final fight scene in Captain America: Civil War.  Men who genuinely love each other are fighting, hating, and risking the world over painful things. 

At the center of all conflict, there are some very simple things.  People forget that they love or are supposed to love each other.  They forget to forgive each other and they nurse their offenses.  They allow division, hurts, and pride to fester into hatred and violence.  The violence is not always physical.  It can be words, distancing, or ignoring someone we are supposed to love.  Even passive dismissal of another person is an act of aggression.  It all tears away at who we are supposed to be for each other.  It all dissolves our claim to love the Father.

At the end of Civil War, Captain America reaches out to Tony Stark.  He owns his wrong, gives Tony space to digest it, and offers his services if needed.  Steve Rogers offers to make peace.  We have to make the move to make peace even if we are in the right.  We have to embrace humility and grace.

I cannot move through the world without making peace wherever I can.  When someone complains about another person, I cannot dine on the gossip.  Instead, I have to reach for something that will broker peace.  When someone expresses hatred, I must suggest love.  Wherever I receive injury I must offer and live pardon.  This is the way that it will end.  The Father will have peace.  He will heal the world through peace.

If I add to love and being unoffendable a constant quest for peace, I can make a difference.  There will still be those who hate me.  Some of them are those I love dearly.  The door to peace must always remain open.  Reconciliation must always be on the table right next to some tea and biscuits.  If someone wishes to make peace with me, Dear Reader, I must welcome them as I would a child of God.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment