27 March 2021

A Theology of Love ~ Longing to Love (Closing Thoughts)

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Let me begin today with the inner workings of a writer’s mind.  As I have been writing this, I have put together the outline for a book, Thoughts and Questions on Systematic Theology.  The earliest I will get to it is 2023 but we will see where the journey takes us. 


One of my deepest griefs is my Daughter who passed away.  Today is her birthday.  I carry a longing to show her love.  I carry love for her which I cannot express.  At the heart of all grief is love that we cannot share or give.  The loss leaves things unsaid and sometimes leaves us undone.  Only hope lets us think those feelings will find expression to the one we cannot reach.  

I think that until that hope is realized, this day will always carry some pain for me.  It will hold longing and keep me in mind that so many others carry that same hurt without hope.  The essence of a theology built on love that there is always hope.  We still feel sorrow but it is not empty or hollow.   Rather, I think we can hallow the pain of all loss as we turn toward the Father for solace. 

From our lofty perch atop this scaffold, we can see that there is a depth of pain that we cannot manage on our own.  Everyone encounters it but we do not always respond the same.  It is our privilege to be a voice of compassion and hope for those who sorrow without them.  

Really, all of the world’s ills find their answer in love.  When I embrace the love of Christ and follow him in faith, there is nothing that can overcome its power to care for my pain.  It is not that the pain is gone but that I have what I need to get through it.  We will find our way if we walk the foundation and use the perspective to get home. 

I will be driving much of the day today.  Rachel will cross my mind often; as will my deceased sister Sarah and my Grandfather.  I cannot say with clarity what is next in that Undiscovered Country.  I can say that loving the Father with all that I am and loving other humans will make the journey there one of joy no matter the circumstances.  

So, let  us turn to Holy Week together, Dear Reader.  Let us do so to see how love dies and lives again in order that we too may live.   There is hope in this, born of faith, as a result of the love we cannot yet comprehend.  That is a theology worth holding.  That is a journey worth taking. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

In a Theology of Love, there is always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment