03 March 2021

Chameleon ~ Every Single Word

Greetings Dear Reader, 

One of the things that define a culture is a shared language.  We agree on what we will say and how we will say it.  This extends from the actual language used to the eddies and flows of how that language is employed.  As years flow through the glass, how we use language changes. 


Language can be used to wield power and control.  It can build up and encourage.  Some words are offensive by their nature and history.  Words get overused and watered down.  Communication is as mailable and as dangerous as water.  There are those who use language to blend into their surroundings.  

You know by now that I love words.  When, however, we comprise what we say to hide who we are, that is dangerous.  This song is forty years old this month and it still captures the idea of compromising our language to blend into the environment.   There was as yet no social media when Petra wrote, “You compromise each word you say so inoffensively.  You only want to hide behind your anonymity.”  

We are constantly told what we can and cannot say.  We are even told what we can think.  Language becomes the way we win approval and fit it.  It gets twisted to censure us and make us villains.  Our intent in what we say does not matter to others.  The difficulty in using language to be a Chameleon is that there is no safety there. 

Jesus said that we would give an account for every idle word we speak.  Using language to hide from the truth will eventually catch up to us.  We will have to account for our attempts to hide who we are.  We must speak the truth in love in every situation.  Trying to be inoffensive when it comes to the Gospel is impossible.  As it becomes more popular in our culture to outwardly bash God, it will become more challenging to openly live and profess our faith. 

The first thing I must do is live it.  I must love the Father and my fellow humans with all that I am.  I must carry my life in such a way that when I speak of following Christ it is believable.  I must also refuse to compromise my words to make others comfortable.  This does not mean that I am not prudent in what I say and how I say it.  My communication needs to be loving and kind.  It needs to be bathed in grace and gentleness.  

Since I am accountable for every word, I do not wish any of them to be the compromise of a Chameleon in Christ’s eyes.  I will not judge or condemn but I will admit that all my good is because of Jesus.  The term “Christian” no longer communicates what it once did.  It was a good word for almost 2000 years.  It is those claiming to be Christian who have eroded its meaning.  We can discuss this all you wish, Dear Reader.    

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

I do not call myself a Christian because of what Christians have done to the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment