05 March 2021

Chameleon ~ Exhausted

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There is an old Loony Toons short about Cal the Chameleon.  If you have not seen it, I have attached it below.  I feel safe in saying that there are times when we all feel like Cal. 


We see so often in our media feed how exhaustion has become a banner.  The response of exhaustion and telling of woes is a common response to daily life.  Part of that weariness stems from trying to be what we are not.  

When we strive to please others and fit in by changing who we are, we struggle.  Our real self clamors for acceptance and that which we receive by changing that self never seems to satisfy.  When we live that which is unnatural, there is always the fear of being found out or not good enough. 

Maintaining a pretense takes great effort.  We cannot always wear the mask that makes us fit in or blend in.  As our lives become more compartmentalized, we require greater effort to fit in each of the compartments.  The transitions between them are painful and exhausting. 

I seem to be working hard to be the opposite.  I desire to be who I am in every environment.  I am called to be a very simple narrow thing.  In every encounter or environment I a required to love the Father and follow the Son.  I am bound by blood and by vow to listen to the Spirit and use all that I have to  love.  

Fitting in is not what love demands of me.  Standing apart for love and grace is what is required of me.  Loving the Father with all that I am means that I need not try to fit in anywhere else.  It is necessary to realize that we cannot be Chameleons and love the Father properly, Dear Reader.  It is just something we cannot do. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

Give me a moment whilst I slip in a personality less comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment