30 March 2021

Second Thoughts ~ Water at War

Greetings Dear Reader, 

My journey back from Wisconsin involved a great deal of water.  The day was rainy and chilled when I set out last Saturday afternoon.   As I loaded the car for the journey, I felt that the rain was not an issue.  The rain, however, had other ideas. 

Its first assault was a puddle.  My neoprene case with my tablets in then fell from the backseat of the VW to a large puddle in a parking lot pothole.  This meant a delay whilst I put the devices into rice and no movie when I stopped to rest halfway back to Georgia.  That, however, was moot because the weather had other ideas about the story. 

My quart water bottle that I use to stay hydrated in the car spilled into the bag it was in drenching my carefully packed travel meal.  It was designed to give me the right nourishment without having to stop.  Instead, it was discovered to be food soup that no one would want.  

The drive through the rain was not bad until after it became dark.  At one point the rain turned into flowing sheets of water as if God were ringing out the clouds like soaked rags.  I and the several trucks around me slowed to 35 mph on the interstate.  Then the wind began to push my car sideways ever so slightly.  I slowed down further and debris began bouncing off my windows. 

Pulling over under a bridge, the debris intensified and was hitting me on both sides.  Then my phone announced an extreme weather alert directing me to “take shelter at once.”  The car was rocking in the wind and I determined to stay put until the tornado passed. 

It did.  I then proceeded on my way, driving slowly and keeping a lookout for road hazards.  Nothing happened as I passed through Kentucky.   Then water assaulted me again just as I entered Tennessee.   I hit a ten-foot-long stretch of water that stood on both lanes.  I could feel my rear wheels begin to drift but before I entered a spin the car glided across the water to the pavement on the other end. 

Water's final assault on my journey was in Georgia when the rain again intensified to a level that I could not see to drive.  I pulled over at a rest area to wait out the storm.   It was clear that water was at war with me the entire journey back.   There is much more to this but I was to say clearly that I had ample opportunities to fear and doubt.  What I found instead were places to exercise faith.  I will explain all of that tomorrow evening, weather permitting. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

It was that kind of rain against which windscreen wipers have no hope amidst their best effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment