07 March 2021

Is That Not Enough ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I have a life-long romance with ice cream.  I would rather have ice cream than almost any dessert.  I prefer mine with no chunks of any sort.  My favorite flavor is either my home-made Georgia peach or if bought in a store, coffee. 


This is a food with which I have to be very careful.  I will eat it all. Long after my stomach is telling me to stop, I am eating the ice cream. There is never enough it seems.  I realize that this is not true.  Rather it is true that a serving is enough if I appreciate it and put it in balance with the remainder of my life. 

There is another kind of “is that not enough” that we employ in our lives and It is a stitch in my brain.  In my preparation for Holy Week this year, I want to develop a better perspective on what God has done to rekindle and redeem his relationship with us.  This will be a bit more Bible-centric than I usually am.  What I mean by this begs explanation.  I try to make everything I write Bible-based in that, it reconciles with the Word of God.  I try to avoid simply looking at Scripture and giving interpretation and application. 

What I will be doing in this series is walking through what the Father has done to make our relationship with him one in which we join out of love for him.  For me, it will be an exercise in clarity and gratitude.  I hope that you can find a deeper understanding of why the Father bothers with us.  

The application here will be seeing the depth to which God goes to reach each of us. It is the foundation of understanding the depth of his love for us.  As always, I will welcome your thoughts and questions.  Please join me, Dear Reader, as we invest some time considering what should be enough.  If you wish, we can get together over a bowl of ice cream and discuss it. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

Is an entire pint of free ice cream not enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment