25 March 2021

A Theology of Love ~ Nothing Gets Through

Greetings Dear Reader, 

If we ponder a journey back to God with love as our prime directive, we must forearm ourselves against that which would hinder our living that directive.  The greatest barrier to love is what we let through that which will hinder it.  What I think I fail to grasp at times is that it is up to me what gets to even attempt to displace love. 


What we consider is that which offends us.  I am not speaking of the things that should stir us all to deeper love and greater compassion.  I am pondering the things that we allow to offend us in a way that we fail to walk in and express love.  We make rules that become the standards by which we judge others and then leave those as unloving conditions in our treatment of people. 

I used to feel a great need to control my environment, so I had turned life into a series of rules that were untenable for others.  This hedge allowed me to project conditional love at a level that I would never intend but still existed.  As I began my journey toward loving always, I realized that I had to become unoffendable in the things that do not matter.  Further, I had to allow offense in areas where I should be bothered to find expression only through love.  

This means that holiness, righteousness, and temperance must find their expression not in rules but in the application of love.  We cannot espouse morality and temperance without it being bathed in love, grace, and mercy.   There must be standards but our application of them must not depart from the command to love always.  Jesus couched all he said and did in his love for us and for the Father.  

The thing is that I decided what gets through to offend me.  I choose and the choice on the personal level should be to be unoffendable.  I can endure what I must in order to show love.  That does not mean I allow all things.  Love endures all things without allowing injustice and unkindness.  If we add to our love being unoffendable, then we are much more likely to deal with others through grace, mercy, and kindness.  You are more likely to see my love for you this way, Dear Reader.  That is my desire so that in it you may catch a glimpse of the greater love for you that the Father expresses. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We seem to have married offending and allowing in an unhealthy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment